Home to School Transport

Concessionary transport:  North Somerset does not provide transport beyond the compulsory age of 16, except for those with special needs.  There is a concessionary travel scheme whereby a student not entitled to transport may be able to take up a spare seat on a hired vehicle.  For enquiries, please contact North Somerset Council's home to school transport department.

Student First Southwest Cards:  For travel from Weston-super-Mare and Bristol by bus, most students find it very good value to obtain a Student First Southwest Card from a First Group outlet.  Do note that these cards can also be used in the evenings and at weekends.

Train: Severnside Community Rail Partnership have negotiated a reduced season ticket with First Great Western.  For details of fares and to purchase tickets, please phone First Great Western on 0845 6786972, payment can be made by credit or debit card.  This line is available from 08:00 until 18:00, Monday to Friday.  Note that the line can be very busy near the start of terms, so please call well in advance.

Car parking:  There are limited spaces available for Sixth Form parking in school. Permits are granted to those who fill in the necessary paperwork and provide insurance information. These are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis to those living outside the Backwell area: it is unusual, therefore, for Year 12 students to be given permission to park in school. Please note that the car park at Backwell Leisure centre is for patrons only.

Motorbikes and Bikes:  There is parking for bicycles and mopeds. Moped drivers need a permit as described for car drivers above.

NB. The 16-19 Bursary Fund makes it possible for students to claim back some of the costs they incur in travelling to school.  However this is a means-tested scheme with a limited pot of money for the school to allocate.  Details and application forms below.

16-19 Bursary Fund Info and Application Form 2016

Car Parking Request Form

Motorcycle Parking Request Form